Minutes ~ 12 September 2018

Minutes of Meeting held at Settrington Village Hall on Wednesday 12 September 2018 at 7 p.m.

 

  1. Apologies for Absence: Jane Ramsden (JR), Pauline Durant (PD) [Treasurer/RFO], Colin Wigglesworth (CW)
    Present: Peter Smith (PS) [Chairman], Philip Marwood (PM) [Vice Chairman], John Harrison (JH), Alan Mitchell (AM), Norman Lamb (NL), Margaret Tierney (MT), Bruce Skinner (BS) [Clerk]
    Members of the Public: Despite having been invited, no members of the public attendedCllrs present accepted their colleagues’ reasons for their absenceAs he had a declared interest in the topic, AM left the meeting before discussion of Item 7 b) (which for convenience had been moved to be the last item discussed)
  2. Minutes of the last meeting: 4 July General Meeting
    Taken as read
    Proposed: JH Seconded: PM          Votes: Unanimous
  3. Matters Carried Over from Last Meeting
    a) Fracking Resolution: With the Minutes having been signed, Clerk will copy the Resolution passed at the 4 July Meeting to our MP, RDC and NYCC
    b) Fibre Broadband: No progress. Kevin Hollinrake MP continues to monitor BT’s interest
    c) Beck Management: See d) below
    d) Grass Cutting: It was discussed, proposed and Resolved to supersede the resolution passed at the 4 July Meeting with the following:
    – To cut the wild areas of long and uncut grass at each end of beckside to a nominal 12” high with immediate effect; these areas to be clearly defined by white stakes.
    – To trim the banks on each side of the beck to 12” high x 36” wide, to preserve wildlife, water voles, flora and fauna
    – The remainder of the village grasses to be trimmed to a nominal 6”, three times a year, or as the budget allows
    – PS to reassume grass cutting management
    Proposed: PS Seconded: MT          Votes: For: 4   Against: 2
    It was agreed that in future the wild flower meadow at Chapel Garth would be cut as soon as possible after the flowers had seeded
    e) Community Speed Watch: PD Pauline has recruited 3+ volunteers; NL volunteered too
    Clerk will ask NYCC Highways if the 20mph signs on Back Lane could be moved further away from the vulnerable school area
    f)  GDPR Breach insurance: PD has gained confirmation that PC’s indemnity insurance covers fines for breaches
    g) Overhanging hedges: Residents of properties whose foliage overhung the NE beckside footpath, who were asked to trim it back, have done so.
    As, at that time, there was no longer a need, notes were not delivered to all Town Street residents
  4. Matters Arisen since Last Meeting
    a) Numerical definition and/or choices in adopted NALC Standing Orders (STOs):
    The meeting discussed only the suggestions made by Clerk for STO3.
    It was Resolved to accept the following definitions for STO3, and the other suggestions for STOs 3, 4, 6,13 and 16 made by Clerk:
    Duration of a ‘pre-Meeting’ public session: 15 minutes
    – A member of the public should speak for no more than 3 minutes
    – Other than in special circumstances, apologies for intended absence should be received at least 24 hours prior to the meeting
    – A Meeting should not exceed a period of 2 hours

    Proposed: PM    Seconded: MT          Votes: Unanimous
    b) ‘Access Only’: The three requested signs are in place
    c) Govt. Consultation re. Fracking planning approval relaxation:
    Clerk, in consultation with Chairman, will respond, as appropriate and applicable, in a manner advocating retention of a democratic process
  5. Representation:
John Harrison Neighbourhood Watch (NHW)
Alan Mitchell Malton & Norton Neighbourhood Plan
YLCA Branch Representative
Philip Marwood YLCA Branch Representative
Jane Ramsden Malton & Norton Neighbourhood Plan

RDC & Parish Liaison Meeting

 

Nothing to report

  1. Noteworthy Correspondence:
    – NALC Chief Executive’s Bulletins & Newsletters

– Government Planning Consultation re Fracking planning

– With comments on this from Cllr. Potter, Dr Paveley and ‘Frack Free Malton & Norton’

– Notice of Community Led Housing Conference

– Notice of Parish Liaison Meeting 19 September

– Notice of NALC Conference 2018

– Consultation on Bye Laws on SSSIs

– Note re YLCA DPO Service

– Independent Health Complaints Advocacy Service Annual Report

– Sir Richard Storey letter re cutting of grass verges

– PCC Survey re Neighbourhood Policing

  1. Planning
    a) Rectory Farm Development re-submission – 18/00282/FUL: Response awaited from RDC
    b) Exterior doors at Brook Farm Barn – 18/00792(3)/HOUSE(LBC): After discussion, it was unanimously agreed to respond with ‘No objection’
  2. AOB – None

 

There being no further business, the meeting closed at 8.40 p.m.