Agenda for Parish Council Meeting to be held on Wednesday 14 July 2021 at 7 p.m. in the village hall

COVID Restrictions will apply – Please wear a mask and maintain social distancing

  1. Open Forum: Where local residents can raise issues for Parish Council consideration; max 3 minutes per resident’s presentation; forum limited to 15 minutes.

    2. Apologies for Absence:

3. Minutes of Previous Meetings: 9 June 2021 EO Planning Applications meeting

4. Matters to be Discussed:
a) Finance:
    Because the RFO will not be present, this Item will be carried-over to the next
    meeting
b) Road Safety:
    i)   Community Speed Watch (CSW) –Progress report from SW
    ii)  Speed & Traffic Calming and Parking – SW to report on any response to his
         request to NYCC for ideas for traffic calming and for a traffic monitoring
         survey.
    iii) (In SB’s absence) Review Notes of the first ‘HGV traffic problem’ joint
         meeting with Scagglethorpe Parish Council (presented by SW)  

c) Village Estate Management:    

i)   ECOSC: (In SB’s absence) Review Notes of the 1 July ECOSC meeting (presented by RR)
    ii)  Commemorative tree: An update on the latest situation
    iii) Grass cutting: A review of the current situation

d) Roads, Pavements, Etc.:
    i)  Cockgarth footbridge replacementAn update by NL on his plans for installation
    ii) Street Name signs – AM to report progress re requesting RDC or NYCC to install them
          
e) Miscellaneous:
    i) Collapsed garden walls: Clerk to report status advised by Birdsall Estate’s CoW.

ii) The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Beacons – 2 June 2022 – Heads-up
    iii)  NEW: Standing Orders and Code of Conduct – Reminder of circulated Proposals from Clerk

5. Representation reports:

John HarrisonNeighbourhood Watch
Alan MitchellMalton & Norton Neighbourhood Plan
YLCA Branch Representative
Philip MarwoodYLCA Branch Representative
Sue BlagdenQuarry Liaison
Ruth RussellRDC & Parish Liaison Meeting

6. Planning:

To consider Planning Application 21/00898/LBC regarding the replacement of 2no. first floor windows to south elevation of 35 Beckside, and to agree any ‘Observations’ to be made to RDC Planning.

7. AOB

Anyone may attend the meeting (and speak, having first requested permission from the Council).

Bruce Skinner
Parish Clerk