9 May – Ordinary Meeting – Minutes

Minutes of Meeting held at Settrington Village Hall on Wednesday 9 May 2018  

1. Apologies for Absence: Alan Mitchell (AM)

Present: Peter.Smith (PS) [Chairman], Philip Marwood (PM) [Vice Chairman], Pauline Durant (PD) [Treasurer/RFO], John Harrison (JH), Norman Lamb (NL), Jane Ramsden (JR), Margaret Tierney (MT), Colin Wigglesworth (CW), Bruce Skinner (BS) [Clerk]

Members of the Public: Despite having been invited, no members of the public attended Cllrs present accepted AM’s reason for his absence

2. Minutes of the last meetings (14 March and 17 April)

14 March General Meeting Taken as read (with AM’s suggested amendments) Proposed: PD        Seconded: JH         Votes: Unanimous

17 April Extra-ordinary Meeting Taken as read Proposed: MT        Seconded: CW        Votes: Unanimous

3. Matters Carried Over from Last Meeting

a) Fibre Broadband: AM has sent K Hollinrake MP a map showing potential electrical supply routes to Cabinet 1

b) Beck management: No update from EA

c) Residents’ status re. allocation of vacant Middleton Close properties: As far as we know, Lord Middleton’s intention is for a letter to be written to Yorkshire Housing Association pointing out that they are in breach of covenant

d) Village Website: Web captain will request contributors to refresh their postings

e) Dog Poo Bins: Two (of three) have been delivered by RDC; Clerk will chase the third. PS and JH will agree where to site them, and JH will kindly install them

f) Tree Surgery: The £400 nominal contingency fund will remain in the budget

g) Grass cutting: Contractor has agreed to a further year with no increase of unit rates. PS and JH will come to an agreement on the extent of the delineated boggy areas

h) Street lights: Maintenance contractor, Acorn, has been reminded of the outstanding actions for 2018, i.e. producing a quote for LED replacement lights, and bi-annual maintenance later in the year

i) Community Speed Watch: There has been no response to the request for volunteers. Meanwhile, on the basis that the volume and type of traffic through the village has changed as a result of traffic management changes in Malton/Norton, Clerk will request the Speed Concerns team to repeat their speed measurement and assessment exercise

j) Fracking Resolution: RDC/NYCC/MP will be copied with the Resolution from the 17 April Extra-ordinary Meeting

4. Matters Arisen since Last Meeting

a) General Data Protection Regulation:

– Members were reminded that compliance is a statutory requirement, and of the PC’s role as Data Controller

– PD will confirm, or otherwise, that PC’s indemnity insurance covers fines for breaches

– Clerk requested strongly that, if offered by YLCA (or others), PC should follow ‘best practice’ and appoint a Data Protection Officer (DPO). Members agreed to consider this when the cost of such a service is known.

– PD will eventually budget for a DPO and for the GDPR registration fee

– Members Resolved to adopt the following GDPR-related documents: Consent Form, Retention Policy, Privacy Notices and Policy, Data Protection Policy, Data Subject Access Policy Proposed: PS         Seconded: PM        Votes: Unanimous

b) Retention of Planning Documents: In light of the Retention Policy approved above, Members agreed that historical Planning Application documentation should no longer be retained. NL kindly agreed to destroy them

c) Celebrating 100th Anniversary of WW1 Armistice: PD confirmed that she has the matter in hand

5. Representation

 

John Harrison Neighbourhood Watch (NHW)
Alan Mitchell Malton & Norton Neighbourhood Plan YLCA Branch Representative
Philip Marwood YLCA Branch Representative
Jane Ramsden Malton & Norton Neighbourhood Plan

RDC & Parish Liaison Meeting

Representatives present had nothing to report

6. Noteworthy Correspondence

a) NYCC Archives consultation: Cllrs were reminded to submit comments to Clerk before 4 June

b) NALC Chief Executive’s bulletins

c) RDC Consultation re Election charges: Clerk will respond that the precept will need to be increased accordingly

d) Notification of submission of Local Plan Sites doc. and Policies map

e) Various Fraud warnings

f)   Invitation to ‘Taking Charge of Change’ seminar on 17 May

g) Notice of Yorkshire Wolds cycle challenge on 14 July

h) Footpath Monitor invitation : The Cliffords have kindly volunteered. Clerk will ask the Wises if they wish to continue their current involvement.

i)   National Salary Award notice

j)   Invitation to Planning Seminar

k) Notice re ‘Make do and Mend’ initiative

l)   PCC Rural Crime survey: Cllrs were invited to respond individually

m) Ancestry request: Enquirer referred to the Borthwick Institute

n) Unauthorised Developments and Encampments consultation: PS will respond

o) Invitation to NYCC Highways Parish Portal workshop

p) Invitation to Community Led Housing event

 

7. Planning

a) Second vehicular access to Forkers Lane new build site: ‘Objection’ submitted Outcome: Approved

b) Replacement conservatory at St. George’s Cottage: ‘No objection’ submitted Outcome: Awaited

8. AOB

a) PM will refer the resident concerned at rat infestation to RDC Environmental Health

There being no further business, the meeting closed at 8.52 p.m.

Date of next Meeting: Wednesday 11 July